Benefits you can afford
Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC)
Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plans are low-cost health benefit solutions that provide members access to wellness and preventive care.
What is Minimum Essential Coverage?
- Preventive services are paid at 100% when you use network providers
- 100% coverage on preventive prescriptions and drug discounts on all
prescriptions, when not covered under a plan
- No medical underwriting required
- No deductibles or coinsurance
- Plans provide essential benefits
- Family plans available
- No pre-existing conditions exclusions
Elan created plans to meet the needs of members and their families. Our team can help you find coverage that suits you and keeps your family happy too!
- Financial Stability: Rated “B+” by A.M. Best
- Personalized Service: Local Sales and Service Team
- Comprehensive: All Plans are ACA Compliant
- World Class Partnerships: Odyssey Re, A.M. Best, Aetna’s National Network, HealthSmart & Express Scripts, to name a few
- Odyssey Re: Reinsured by an “A+” rated company
- Aetna’s National Network: Access to more than 1M providers, 8,000 hospitals, and 500 Centers of Excellence in the U.S.
- Express Scripts: Pharmacy benefits managed by one of the Top 3 pharmacy administrators in the U.S.
- HealthSmart: Claims handled by the premier third-party claims administrator in the U.S. with over $6B in claims